Tonkin Schutz Design & Build (“TSDB”, “we”, “our” or “us”) collects, stores, uses, discloses and processes personal information in carrying out its business activities.
Application of Policy
- All full-time, part-time and casual employees (for prospective employees), volunteers, sub-contractors, consultants and suppliers;
- Clients; and
- Visitors and guests.
Commencement of the Policy
This policy will commence from 22 May 2020. It replaces all other Privacy Policies of TSDB.
TSDB only collects and holds information that is directly relevant to and reasonably necessary for the management of employee and business activities in order to provide a comprehensive service.
Personal information includes, but is not limited to:
- Information or an opinion about an individual whether the information or opinion is true or not and recorded in a material form or not;
- Prospective staff’s personal information during the recruitment process, including name, contact details, qualifications, employment history, pre-employment medical information, resumes, employment applications and interview notes; and
- Business partners’ and subcontractors’ personal information, including business contact information, business experience, financial details, contract details, services or goods provided or offered, induction records, qualifications, referees, other credit and finance related information, and information provided as a part of the assessment process.
TSDB may have to collect sensitive information about you. This can be across a variety of circumstances. For example, during site inductions, where you are ill, injured or involved in some incident on our premises and we may need to collect your medical information to allow us to properly investigate, process and/or report the incidents to our insurer and the relevant authorities. It can also arise where there are suspicions of unlawful activity or serious misconduct, or the information is necessary for the health and safety of an individual or the public or to meet client compliance and mandatory reporting obligations. Sensitive information will only ever be collected from you when it is lawful and authorised under Australian law, and/or you provide us with consent to the collection of the information.
Sensitive information includes, but is not limited to, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or association, religious or philosophical beliefs, criminal record and health or genetic information.
TSDB will ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant to our management of employees and business activities.
TSDB will only use or disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which it has collected that information.
The purposes for which TSDB collects, holds, uses, discloses your personal information include:
- to conduct the business, which includes providing our services;
- to comply with any law, regulation, rule or requirement of any government authority, including but not limited to work health and safety laws, and record-keeping requirements under the Fair Work Act 2009;
- for security, safety, operational and risk management purposes (e.g. security monitoring, emergency and incidents monitoring, investigation and reporting);
- for our internal administrative, record-keeping, research, planning, marketing and product or service development purposes;
- to provide effective personal (employee, sub-contractor, consultant, visitor etc.) care;
- to process and respond to any enquiry or complaint made by you;
- to consider your job application; and
- to consider a contract with business partners and subcontractors.
TSDB will not hold, use or disclose personal information for any secondary purpose, unless you consent to that use or disclosure and/or as permitted under Australian law. Personal information can also be used where the secondary purpose is related to the primary purposes for which the information was collected and you would reasonably expect the disclosure in the circumstances.
Collection of Information
TSDB collects personal information about you in the provision of its services and management of its business. We collect information directly from you in a variety of ways depending on each business relationship (including verbally and in writing) whether it is over the phone, in person, by accessing and using our website, attending our premises, entering into a contract with us or applying for a job.
In some situations, TSDB may also indirectly collect personal information about you from third parties, including business partners, credit reporting agencies, recruitment agencies, law enforcement agencies, other government authorities or entities, and previous employers or referees for job applicants.
Where TSDB has not taken active steps to collect personal information and receives unsolicited personal information, TSDB will destroy or de-identify it, where appropriate, as promptly as practicable. For example, upon receipt of any misdirected documents in electronic or hardcopy form, a reply will be promptly made to the sender advising of the error and the document will be deleted or destroyed.
Storage of Information
TSDB takes reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and security of personal information that it holds, including restricted server access, encryption, standard security protocol, firewalls and complex password and multi-factor authentication protection. Such steps protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Use or Disclosure of Information
TSDB will only disclose personal information to other individuals or organisations for the primary purpose for which the information was collected, with consent or as permitted by law.
We may disclose personal information to those parties that are involved in providing, managing or administering the services that we provide to you. This could include:
- Organisations involved in our business activities including our business partners, subcontractors, suppliers, clients, agents, and debt collectors;
- Organisations involved in our payment systems including banks and payment organisations;
- Organisations that maintain, review and develop our business systems, procedures and technology infrastructure including IT service providers;
- Professional advisors such as accountants, insurers, lawyers and auditors; and
- Body corporates that are associated with TSDB.
The handling and usage of employee records and any other information directly relevant to the employment relationship between TSDB and the individual is exempt from the Act and this policy. We, however, will observe strict confidentiality, and ensure the proper and secure management of our employee records.
TSDB does not disclose personal information to any entities overseas and outside of Australia.
Access and Correction
You have a right to request access to all of your personal information, and correct the personal information if it is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading.
All requests to access or correct your personal information should be in writing and submitted to the Finance Manager. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time after we have received the request.
TSDB may refuse to approve your request to access or correction if there is a reason under the Act or any other law. If we do refuse access or correction, we will provide you with written notice, and include the reasons for refusing.
If you wish to obtain copies of your personal information, TSDB may charge for a reasonable free to cover the administrative costs involved in providing you with that information.
If you believe there has been a breach of the APPs, or a registered APP code that binds TSDB, and you wish to make a complaint about how TSDB has handled your personal information, you can submit your complaint in writing to the Finance Manager.
We will respond to your complaint within 30 days or within such other time frame as is reasonable in the circumstances.
If you do not consider our response to your complaint satisfactory or the complaint is not resolved, you can refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
If there are any queries about this policy or you wish to contact us about your personal information, you may direct your query to the Finance Manager using the contact details set out below.
Finance Manager: Sylvia Fusanti
Email: [email protected]
Postal address: PO Box 777, Melrose Park SA 5039